As all the lives of children born of incest, mine is marked by the rejection, though, I have to say, I was luckier than some of my brothers.
I never knew my biological parents. It is a fact that both are, or were, Garou, for my albinism reveals my pariah status. Rather than bear the shame of his actions, decided to abandon an uncertain fate in the middle of a forest. It was mid-October 1983, according to the human calendar.
My teacher says it probably traveled several days and nights to get away from the area they inhabited. Returning from a trip on the way to the shelter of his flock, when he heard my cries of pain, hunger and despair. Mother Gaia wanted, in the dim light of the crescent moon, lying in the shelter of a maple, Trail of Whispers find me.
gave me a name, I grew up with the philosophy of his tribe, the Children of Gaia, and after my initiation rite, I taught the arts of those who speak With spirits. His herd I reluctantly accepted, but Trail of Whispers protected and allowed me to live as a Garou. Were the best years of my life.
Like most of us, I confronted my Rite of Passage Shortly after my first change. For those born hominids is a traumatic time for me was a blessing. I thought it would show that I was an adult and the rest would stop treating me like an outcast. If I am to blame something Path of Whispers is having protected too much about my "status" in Garou society.
One night, the moonlight guiding my destiny, my teacher took me to a clear and simple words he said: "Do not come back without your spirit." Leaving a simple piece of glass over a rock left. I spent several days alone in the woods, thinking about what he meant. Almost without eating or sleeping, meditating, searching, jumping to the Umbra Next Teluria looking for the answer.
When he was about to give up, humiliated and sunk in despair, I fell to the ground, over a stream. I felt the coldness of the water penetrating into my flesh, cutting my breath. Clean water, clear, reflected my pale face, distorting it in strange ways. Then I saw, just behind me, staring at me with eyes that reflected his deep wisdom of thousands of years.
I returned to the shelter of the pack, waiting for my reward. There was an amulet carved wood and stone, which had welcomed the spirit unicorn. Foolish pride. I still have the amulet, but the spirit has long gone. I passed my test, but my reward is faded as do the dreams upon waking. Whispers
Trail was the only one who came to congratulate me, while the rest of the pack as I had always ignored.
learned my duties to the tribe, the herd and Mother Gaia. I learned my sins by being born of sin. I learned the Rabia.
After several years I took leave of my master, who could be called father. Now searching for my destiny, with open eyes and ears open, feeling the aromas of the change in the wind. "
0 comments:
Post a Comment